Electric lawn mowers are the demand of time. They are eco-friendly and are comparatively easy and clean to use. It's best to use Electric mowers when the size of your lawn is not too big. Electric land mowers are quiet, lightweight and inexpensive to run; they do not emit any kind of pollutants and are most reliable. These two types differ in several important aspects which would make us decide which will be best for use.
Looking to trim your bushes and weeds?! Look no further, check our guide on Orbitrim and similar products!
They can be further classified into two types:
- Corded electric lawn mowers
- Cordless electric lawn mowers
Both the types of electric mowers are much different in their working style and construction. You can choose one that suits your requirement best.
Here is a brief description of both of them.
- RUN TIME - Corded mowers are powered with electricity through an extension cord, so that you can use for whatever time interval you want to. They are suitable for small to medium-sized yards. Whereas, the run time of a cordless electric mower is limited as per its battery capacity. Cordless mowers can typically run for 1 -2 hours, and need to be recharged after that. Cordless mowers are the best suitable to smaller lawns that can be mowed in less than an hour.
- MAINTENANCE- The major difference in maintaining both the land mowers is that you must remember to charge your mower’s battery after specific mowing session. Also, after 5 to 7 years of regular usage, the battery of the cordless mower will stop working properly. It must be replaced then but remember dead batteries are not good for the environment. Both types of electric mower will need to have their blades sharpened. Maintenance of corded electric mowers is not such a big task.
- COST- Corded electric mowers cost less than cordless mowers because they directly uses up electricity and do not require expensive batteries. For example, a corded 2013 model 19-inch electric mower from a major outdoor manufacturer costs around $270. A 19-inch cordless model with similar features from the same manufacturer costs 45 percent more than the corded model. If you happen to buy an extension cord for the corded lawn mower, it may cost a fair amount. Cordless mowers may cost you higher initially.
- STORAGE- Storage of corded lawn mowers is simple but you to need to put an extra care while storing cordless electric mowers.
- Pros and Cons: Both cordless and corded lawn mowers share some common pros and cons. The fact is that all the electric land mowers are generally less loud as compared to gas mowers. Many people even consider them as silent. Their biggest pro is that electricity is considered as a cleaner fuel. There is no emission of toxic gases and harmful residuals. Electricity is readily available and there is no mess of gas or oil. The battery operated lawn mowers are quite powerful even more efficient than gas lawn mowers. Stretching the cords of the electric lawn mower can really be a mess.